"Dad, how would you rate my stack of pancakes?""8/10" "Why? What is it that I'm lacking" "I say 8, because I don't want you to get complacent if I were to say 10/10. That's how you improve and get better"
It's words like these that motivate me and allow me to face challenges ahead of me. Discovering and using new approaches to shoot, create and style. I hope you guys love the content I create, because I'd love to consistently be doing this. I have been feeling so inspired lately, that I'll continue to create recipes and videos on my channel :)
Okay, back to the main star of the day. These gluten free stack of pancakes? IT IS THE BOMB. I woke up, craving pancakes and since it's a weekday, I did not have much time on hand considering work starts at 830am. Thus, I created this 'One Bowl Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pancake' using all the ingredients that I currently have on hand. I used very basic ingredients, and I'm sure you'll have some sitting around in your pantry too.
The best part? It's gluten free AND vegan. Yup, vegan. Who says vegans are restrictive and deprived? Not me! :)
I wanted it to be fluffy and soft, and I think I pretty much whacked it! I also like to have a sweet breakfast, so I sweetened it with coconut sugar - my current obsession. If you don't have a sweet tooth like me, you don't have to add the sugar. To my mum, it was a little too sweet.
Perhaps, it was because of the blueberry sauce and chocolate chips that already made this entire stack sweet enough.
I was aiming for a blueberry compote, but it turned out a little watery, so a sauce-compote thing it shall be ;) But, don't you agree that it helped beautify the entire stack? You can topped your stack with basically anything you like, since I had strawberries, I just popped 2 at the side.
Have chocolate sauce lying around at home? Just pour them on, or drizzle them with maple syrup. Create your own ordinary stack!
1/2 cup gluten free flour
1 medium banana (mashed)
1 tsp gluten free baking powder
1 tbsp chocolate chips
Cinnamon (go crazy)
1 tbsp coconut sugar - to sweeten (optional)
2 tbsp water
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1 tbs sugar (I use xyolitol)
- Mash your banana and mix in together all ingredients (water is the last)
- Heat up your non stick pan on medium heat and pour 1tbsp of your batter on to the pan.
- Flip on to the other side when you see bubbles forming.
- Do the same for the whole batter and set aside to cool.
- Heat up the water in pan on medium heat.
- Pour in 1 tbsp of sugar after water has slightly heated up.
- Set in to low heat and pour in blueberries.
- After a few mins, your blueberries should be soft. Mash them lightly till sauce thickens/get desired consistency.
- Once done, pour over your pancake stack and enjoy!
Remember to tag me in your photos or use the hashtag "jaslyngohdishes" if you were to recreate them!
Till next time, Earthlings! xx